- Summertime is Summer Tire Check Time: 7 Tips To Combat 11,000+ Tire-Related Accidents Annually — and Keep Tires Rolling for Longer
- 10 DIY Tips to Add Years to a Vehicle’s Life & Minimize Expensive Repairs
- Defensive Driving Tips to Avoid Costly Repairs As Wintery Driving Conditions Continue to Plague Roads
- AutoPartsWarehouse.com 2013 Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide
- Top Five Parts to Make Your Vehicle More Fuel Efficient
Most Americans Say Texting While Driving is Unacceptable–They Do it Anyway
People can get very passionately argumentative when it comes to the issue of texting while driving, but you’ll be surprised (or perhaps, not?)—a recent study by the American Automobile Association basically says most drivers think texting while driving is bad, but a lot of them do it anyway.
84% of drivers said it’s completely unacceptable to type a text or email when behind the wheel but more than a quarter of them did it in the past 30 days. Even more shocking is the fact that Americans seem to take the extreme danger for granted even while a third of them have a family member who was gravely injured in a car crash and one in ten has been in a car accident!
The disconnect between what people believe and what they do doesn’t stop there. 55% of drivers surveyed said running red lights is very dangerous, yet more than a third admitted to doing it in the past 30 days. Peter Kissinger, President and CEO of the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety said in press release that “It is very disappointing that we continue to see a prevailing attitude of ‘do as I say, not as I do… Enhancing the safety culture in society must begin with each individual.”
But Just How Dangerous is Texting While Driving?
There’s no lack of texting while driving PSAs on the Web but few clearly show the dangers than this video by the Responsible Young Drivers (RYD) organization of Belgium. Instead of telling people not to do it, RYD obliged a few of them—and the results clearly drive the message home. Watch and tell us what you think about this issue in the comments!