- Summertime is Summer Tire Check Time: 7 Tips To Combat 11,000+ Tire-Related Accidents Annually — and Keep Tires Rolling for Longer
- 10 DIY Tips to Add Years to a Vehicle’s Life & Minimize Expensive Repairs
- Defensive Driving Tips to Avoid Costly Repairs As Wintery Driving Conditions Continue to Plague Roads
- AutoPartsWarehouse.com 2013 Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide
- Top Five Parts to Make Your Vehicle More Fuel Efficient
It Is Never Too Late To Be A Car Guy. Start With this List!
Do you want to be a car guy but you’re afraid that you don’t have what it takes? Well, be afraid no more! Here is a list of things that every car guy should know even the ones who are just starting out.
1. Read the manual!
Before anything else, you should be knowledgeable about your car inside and out. This is the most crucial part of being a car guy. How can you fix something that is broken when you don’t know how it works? For you to be able to do this and more (like modifying your ride), you should read the instruction manual that is provided when you buy your car. You can also purchase other books and DIY guides to increase your knowledge about automobiles and the parts that make them work.
2. Build and organize a decent tool collection.
safe ready than sorry! And being ready on the road means you should have all the tools to get your car up and running again in case it breaks down (remember that saying, “A man is only as good as his tools?”). DIY repair will save you more money because if you can do it, then there’s no need for a mechanic! Here is a video that will help you know what basic tools you will need in fixing your car:
3. Know how to change your own oil.
Changing your own oil should be easy if you’re committed to learning how to maintain your own ride. All you need are the right tools and a lot of patience. Knowing how to change your oil is an advantage because you will be able to save money in the long run.
4. Know what is traction control on and off.
Surprisingly, not a lot of men are knowledgeable about traction control but that does not mean that you should be one of them. Be a better man and learn about it! Check out this video to know what traction control is all about:
5. Care about your car’s appearance!
You need to pay attention to your car’s appearance as if it’s a reflection of your own appearance. If you’re single, you never know, having a clean and good-looking car may just bring you that girl you’re dreaming of! Hence, why your car should always be clean and kept up. Not like these cars:
Here is a video to show you how to properly wash your car:
6. Know what is “Suck. Squeeze. Bang. Blow!”
Aside from making sure that your car is looking good and clean, it is also a must for every car guy to know how the engine of his car works. Suck, squeeze, bang and blow are simple terms for intake, compression, combustion and exhaust which describe the four-stroke of an engine:
7. Know how to change your tire.
Lastly, you need to know how to change your own tire! This is the most basic thing you should know as a car guy. If you don’t know how to do this then it’s time to learn how. You don’t want to embarrass yourself like the owner of the car below: