- Summertime is Summer Tire Check Time: 7 Tips To Combat 11,000+ Tire-Related Accidents Annually — and Keep Tires Rolling for Longer
- 10 DIY Tips to Add Years to a Vehicle’s Life & Minimize Expensive Repairs
- Defensive Driving Tips to Avoid Costly Repairs As Wintery Driving Conditions Continue to Plague Roads
- AutoPartsWarehouse.com 2013 Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide
- Top Five Parts to Make Your Vehicle More Fuel Efficient
10 Crazy Things to Do While Stuck in Traffic
Have you ever experienced being stuck in traffic for a long time with nothing to do? For some, this stressful situation has become part of their daily routine. And according to an article on Atlantic.com, an average American commuter spends 38 hours being stuck in traffic YEARLY. Our list might help save you from the boredom that comes with it. But remember these tips are absolutely CRAZY, so do them at your own risk!
1. Have you always dreamed of being the next singing sensation? Try belting out tunes in your car. Forget about the traffic, forget about the driver next to you–forget about everything! Make it a concert on wheels!
Happy, upbeat songs are nice but this would also be the perfect time to sing your favorite ballads while reminiscing about the mushiness of life including past relationships that didn’t end well.
2. If you’re travelling with other people, why not tell some jokes? Each one must tell a joke no matter how old or corny. It’s actually the corniest, oldest, “dad” jokes that usually get the biggest laughs.
3. Here’s something crazy… Try waving at random people. With luck, you may get new friends.
But more likely, you’ll get a torrent of eye rolls from irate fellow drivers stuck on the road.
4. Here’s something even CRAZIER. If you’re always driving alone… why not bring a mannequin in your car so that you’ll have someone to talk to in case you get super bored?
Ok we admit that’s totally CREEPY.
5. Let’s go back to some tried-and-tested boredom killers like… blasting some music! Start banging your head like it’s nobody’s business!
6. Make a video parody about being stuck in traffic. You might become the next YouTube celebrity!
We’re not kidding. Lots of people have become massive Internet stars just taking videos of themselves doing funny things inside their cars. Take “Bat Dad” for example:
7. Make fun of people while they are sleeping. Just be prepared for their revenge.
8. Dance like crazy! – Shake your body and get some exercise!
9. Let your imagination fly! When did you last play with your imagination? Boredom is the seed of creativity, so use the idle time to let your idle mind loose. For example, imagine you had the power to do everything, even make the traffic go away!
10. You can always try shaving. Haven’t found enough time to shave in the morning? You have all the time to trim that unruly beard while stuck in traffic. You will not only save time, you’ll also look good.
Of course we’d completely understand if you’re one of those men who think shaving’s out of the question.
And when the traffic finally eases and your car begins to move, always remember to celebrate!